These are my secrets to getting rid of facial hair growth, ingrown hairs, hyperpigmentation, hormonal acne and how I achieve dewy skin every single day.
For my visual folks, there is a Tik Tok or Instagram video explaining all the steps. Click the link or keep reading and find it at the end of this article.
I've always been into my physical appearance, it was the only thing I had control over when it came to what I looked like. My mother always thought me to moisturize and never look ashy. So I've always been the clean black girl, with the dewy look, gloss and minimal jewelry.
My PCOS diagnoses increased my interest in organic skincare. So I started using the products my mother hand makes, like oils and home remedies. Eventually she started advising me ingredients that might decrease my symptoms or completely reverse them.
That's how we came across Marula oil and 10% Niacinamide with 1% Zinc, dry brushing and ice treatments.
In this article I am going to explain my night time routine in steps and the benefits every product has had on my skin.
1. Hair removal
You could shave, wax or pluck your hairs. But women with hormonal imbalances know a good thing or two about unnecessary facial hair growth. In the video I specifically pluck my facial hairs, Because I can easily get to any ingrown hairs. But I sometimes shave/wax to also remove dead skin cells.
- Use thin tweezers to access any thin or ingrown hairs.
- Use wax fitted for sensitive skin and I advice to go to a professional waxing salon.
- Use 5 blade razors and follow a shaving video.
4 different tweezers
Vegan facial wax
You can exfoliate before or after hair removal, it is often advised to do it before so your hairs get removed easier. Exfoliation unclogs pores, prevents acne, evens skin tone, increases cell renewal, stimulates collagen synthesis, boosts circulation & lymphatic drainage and helps products penetrate deeper.
I use two different methods to exfoliate, a facial scrub and a dry brush. The facial scrub is an after shave product and has helped me with my hair removal. However, the dry brush literally has every benefit, especially the collagen synthesis and lymphatic drainage.
- Exfoliate in circles towards the heart.
After exfoliation or maybe its the first thing you do, You cleanse your face. I use a gentle cleanser because I have sensitive skin and think it is important for my skin to look and feel clean. I cleanse it at the beginning and end of every day, with or without make up. It's the key to healthy skin.
I use a gentle cleanser that is made for people with eczema and a gentle lip scrub to remove any dead skin cells.
Gentle lip scrub
Step 4 is a multiple step process where I apply a water-based serum, an oil, ice treatment, a moisturizer and chapstick.
- 10% Niacinamide & 1% Zinc. Niacinamide is also vitamine B3 and it helps with hyperpigmentation, redness, fine lines etc. It is fitting for sensitive skin and I immediately noticed a difference. It treats the hair follicles of ingrown hairs and repairs them.
- Marula oil (make sure its 100% cold pressed). This oil is high in antioxidants, has essential fatty acids and amino acids. it can be used on all skin/hair types because of its wide ingredients. Is considered anti-aging and prevents or increases hair growth. In combination with the Niacinamide it heals the hair follicles and stops excessive hair growth. But when solely used on beards or scalp, it increases hair growth while treating the hair follicles.
- After the marula oil, I use a ice cube to close my pores and treat the inflamed skin after exfoliation and cleansing. It reduces redness and helps the products enter the skin easily.
Niacinamide + Zinc
Moisturizer is the final step to seal all products into the skin and protect it from dirt and sunlight. Using a moisturizer with SPF protects you from the bad UV rays. And eventually you put on chapstick to moisturize your lips and protect them from any dirt.
Full video here
This is my Night Time Skincare Routine🧖🏾♀️ There are many steps to how I achieve such a glowing dewy look and so can you. I have sensitive skin and struggle with PCOS symptoms. So this video is for everyone hyperpigmentation, hormonal acne, scaring, dry spots, excessive facial hair and ingrown hairs. In addition I wrote an article explaining the benefits of each step and a direct link to the products that I used. Recommended to check out my website for more information. ¡Check out SaffiraRieskin.com for full article! ♻️Products♻️: @larocheposay AP+m Lipikar Baume AP+ Lipikar Huile Lavante @theordinary 100% Cold Pressed Marula Oil 10% Niacinamide & 1% Zinc @ritualscosmetics Homme Charcoal Face Scrub Sakura Lipscrub Tweezers 100% cotton wash cloths #skincare #blackgirl #cleangirlaesthetic #glow♬ love nwantinti (ah ah ah) - CKay